For those who want details, please read below... if you don't have the time in the day... just see pictures.
(Aubrey, I know you little one is a handful sometimes... but trade me for a day...) jk
Saturday night we were camping up Logan Canyon and caught this cute little salamander. Kayden loved it so much that we brought it home for him to have as a pet. Very nice, sweet little thing, it's just Kayden wouldn't leave it alone. I finally put in back in it's little watery cage and put it on the file cabinet. The next day he wanted to play with him again and so I got him down and thought it would be okay for a little while. Next thing I know, Kayden is outside playing (without the salamander). "Kayden, where is the salamander" "I don't know" kayden says. Great... a missing salamander in my house. I spend the day cleaning (wearing shoes) so I don't step on the little thing.... Day goes on...
While I am cleaning, I walk into the living room to see the beautiful faces of my SWEET children
Lovely... now I have a big mess. I take picture all is good (Kinda) until Amirah takes off her headband and I notice a lock of hair stuck in the holes of the headband. "what the heck" I pick it up and immediately examine Amriah's head. (could she be getting alopesia) I start pulling at her hair only to find another chunk come off... AHHH! Kayden got out the clippers... you know, the ones that go Bzzzzz.... ya those ones and buzzzzzed her bangs!!!
Seriously, I'm about to have a minor heart attack. Kayden runs into the kitchen and opens the fridge like he always does and then connor crys...
Yep... not that I didn't have enough going on with the other children... Connor pulled a milk carton out of the fridge onto his head, of course face first... he didn't like that much. While I am cleaning up Connor and the floor, Kayden comes running back into the living room yelling, "MOM I FOUND THE SALAMANDER!" Shows it to me and it is bloated, with it's insides starting to come out of his mouth. He had stuck him in the bath water that I had used to give Amirah a bath this morning... I filled it with bubbles. So the bubbly water was probably not to good on his insides... Great now Kayden is crying cause I want to throw it in the garbage. Anyways that is it for now.... It's 6:15 pm... we will see if I get any more excitement for the night!
8 comments:
Oh. My. GOODNESS!
What AWESOME kids you have! I am loving the makeup! Seriously hilarious! Oh man. You poor thing. What a day! This makes Kona look like a dream! Maybe I should stop with just him?. . . . I am seriously laughing at this post. Not at you. But you know. What funny kids you have! I hope you survive!
My stomach hurts SO bad from laughing so hard. I hope your days go better!!
Oh Sheila maybe i should start posting my days too. i think at the end of the day we would both be laughing our heads off.
HOLY MOLY! I think I would be in the fetal position crying and rocking back and forth! You are quite the woman to handle all of that in one day! All in the life of a mother! I really wouldn't be able to handle the salamander! GROSS!
Sheila that makes me laugh. I am glad that is you and not me. Sorry, :) I am excited to see Amirah and her hair. lol
When Aubrey was her age, (sorry Aub) she had her hair in rollers all day for her end=of-year dance recital that night. She cut ALL of her bangs off to the scalp. She also was so mad at how she looked, she refused to dance at the recital and stood and pouted on stage with her arms crossed. She was 5. She didn't need a haircut for her bangs for one year.
On days like this, just laugh and blog!
I've stalked your blog for a long time now, and finally am leaving a comment (don't worry - I'm not some scary stranger - I'm Jason Jones' mom and we used to live in Richmond and you were in our ward when you lived in the yellow house on 300 East). Your blog reminds me what a nightmare it was to have 3 little kids so close in age, and also reminds me that I wouldn't trade that "nightmare" for anything in the world! Enjoy it while you can. It will be over before you know it!
I am officially done having children!! Your awesome!!! I can't believe you didn't mention any of this at girls night.
Post a Comment