Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
30-ounce package of plain frozen hash brown (shredded) potatoes
4 previously cooked sausage, or leftover diced ham (I used chicken and apple sausage)
½ onion diced
1 green bell pepper diced
1½ cups shredded cheese
12 eggs
1 cup skim or fat-free milk
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
I used a 6-quart slow cooker for this recipe.Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray. Dump in the whole package of hash browns. Spread them out with your fingers, and break up any clumps.
In a mixing bowl, mix the dozen eggs with the milk, salt and pepper, cheese, cut-up sausage and diced vegetables. Pour everything on top of the hash browns.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. It's done when the eggs are fully cooked and the edges start to brown a bit. If you want the cheese to brown and get a bit crispy on the sides, cook it longer.
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
uncooked traditional lasagna noodles
4 previously cooked chicken breast halves
1 jar of prepared pasta sauce
1 cup buffalo wing sauce
3 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers ( i think you can you green too)
1 15-ounce tub of ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella and cheddar blend)
½ cup bleu cheese crumbles
¼ cup of water (add at very end)
Use at least a 5-quart slow cooker, or cut back on the amount of ingredients.In a large glass bowl, combine cooked and chopped chicken breasts, the pasta sauce, and 1 cup of buffalo wing sauce.
Ladle a big spoonful of the sauce into the bottom of your crockpot. Cover with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. You'll have to break them to get a proper fit.
Add a smear of ricotta cheese to the top of the noodles. Add a layer of chopped bell peppers. Sprinkle on a handful of shredded cheese.
Repeat layers until you run out of ingredients.
Add the bleu cheese crumbles, if desired. Put the ¼ cup of water into your empty pasta sauce jar and shake. Pour the liquid over the top of the entire lasagna.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. When cooking time is complete, unplug and take off the lid of the crock. Let it sit for 20 minutes before cutting into it, or it will fall apart. Ask me how I know this.

her blog is http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
1 comment:
I love crockpot dinners! I love being able to throw it in and forget it. By the time dinner rolls around its all good! I'm glad you posted the recipes, I'll have to try one. . . if I'm feeling adventurous. let me know your favorite, and/or what you'd change. Looks yummy!
Post a Comment