Tuesday, December 16, 2008

When it rains... it poors!

My computer hasn't been working for a while so I haven't updated my blog in a WHILE.

I had a bunch of drama happen yesterday that made me question my abilities being a mom. Im sure we all go threw moments like that... It all started out with the normal everyday mess here... clean up here... mess, clean, mess and so on. I was spending the day cleaning my house and folding laundry, and of course watching the kids. They usually know their boundaries and don't do anything REAL bad, so every few minutes I would go in there room or the living room and check on them. Suddenly while I was doing my thing, I smelled smoke!!! I ran into the living room and "HOLY FREAKIN HECK!!!" Kayden had lit about 10 matches and once they were burning, he would just sit it on my couch! Thankfully it didn't light my couch on fire... it left some burn marks in it but didn't ignite! I don't even understand how he got the matches because they were on the highest of the highest shelf! Anyway, mom cools down and decides she needs to send out some packages at the post office. We all climb into the van (I know... I drive a van) and drive down. On my way I get a text from my sweet husband saying he's at the hospital getting stitches cause he cut his hand with a ban saw * i don't know how to really say it so I don't know how to spell it.* So yippee ... We get to the post office (in Richmond) and I don't want to take my kids in cause I have 3 heavy boxes to take in, so I leave them in their car seats and leave it running so they can stay warm. I run in there and keep watching them out the window... while I put the label on the top. While Im watching I notice kayden get out of his seat belt climb into the drivers seat... And I just kinda pause, watching. Next thing I know MY VAN IS BACKING UP!!! Kayden had pulled the thingy down and went into reverse! I drop my things... say some choice words and go Running out the door! (I know, I should have had my e-brake on... I usually do, but not today obviously) Right when I get outside, me moves it from reverse to forward or neutral and goes costing forward jumps the curb as I go running into the front of the van with my hands pushing the van to stop from hitting the post office. AHHHH! Big trouble. I backed it out put kids back in seat belts, took them to my mothers, then finished my post office experience. (after crying like a baby at my moms... to much stress in one day) Anyways... when you need a laugh and your having a bad day, think of me. :) :(


We finally put up our Charlie brown Christmas tree. Nothing special cause the kids keep taking off the lights and balls. But I knew that would happen so we kept it small this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheila sorry but I had a good laugh after reading your blog! I know it wasn't funny to you but it still made me laugh! You have such cute kids! You are a GREAT MOM! Just like your mom!
Love you
Patty

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that happened to you... I found your blog through Evelyn's I hope you dont mind. I love to watch you and your family grow up since we are so far away. Take care and we are all thinking about you here. We actually have snow this year here:)

Daryl and Ashley said...

Oh my... sheer panic! I would have been bawling too! I am glad everyone is okay and your house is still standing. I hope that Ryans hand is doing better! Take a Valium and get some sleep!